Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

to the accugroove man

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ostrzoskrzydly, Jan 27, 2004.

1. ostrzoskrzydly

ostrzoskrzydly

Jul 1, 2003
    hey mark,
    I was browsing your site, as well as some of your posts about the fresh namm gear and I have a couple of questions.
    Firstly - about the Mini Whappo - is there some upgrade planned for it ? Right now from what you posted, it's so inferior to the Tri-210, that it ain't even funny ;) Also, will it be offered with the accuswitch ? It, and the Tri-210 are imho the cabs where that option will be the most useful :cool:
    And finally, how much is the Tri-210 going to retail for ?
    cheers,
    Charles

2. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    Charles, The Tri 210L replaces the Mini Whappo. It's lighter, has more watts, is louder & deeper.

The specs should be up on the site now. In the mean time please ask any & all questions.

Mark
    AccuGroove.com

3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I still don't see it on the site. If only you could get a tri 210 into the tri 208 enclosure. ;)

4. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    You're correct, it hasn't been posted yet. Just the Tri 110L & Tri 112L.

Soon, very soon...[​IMG]

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I really need to hear the Tri 210L. I was very impressed with the sound of the Mini Whappo, and if the 210L is lighter, louder, deeper, and handles more watts, then it looks like my Whappo, Jr. is going to need a little buddy!

Tom.

6. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    That's why we made the Tri 210L to have the same foot print as all our larger cabs. It will fit perfectly on top a Jr., El Whappo, etc.

Can you imagine two Tri 210L cabs @ 1200 watts?

;)
    AccuGroove.com

7. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Don't get me started! :D

I do have a question, though. Would you say that the Tri 210L sounds more like the rest of your Tri series, or more like the Quad series? If it is replacing the Mini Whappo, does that mean that it sounds more like a Quad series cab?

Thanks, Tom.

8. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Questions?

I've got some...

How many ohms...4 or 8?

What's the list price?

When will we see 'em?

9. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I believe it has a switch that allows it to go either four or eight ohms, whichever you need. I think list price is around 1300 or so. And you would have seen them earlier if you had been paying attention! ;)

10. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    All of our cabs, including the Tri 210L, have that signature AccuGroove sound, “clarity with booty.” They facilitate the ability to hear the true sound of your instrument as if you were listening with headphones. With that said, it is in a sense like having to of our Tri 110L cabs together with more depth & volume.

It’s the cabinet that stands in the gap between the Tri series & the Quad series in every respect; wattage, size & sound. There’s more booty & volume than the Tri series while being smaller & punchier than the Quad series. The bottom line is that the bigger the AccuGroove cabinet, the bigger the sound. I hope this helps a little.

Mark
    AccuGroove.com

11. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.

12. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    That makes complete sense. I predict that you will sell a ton of these babies.

Tom.

13. ostrzoskrzydly

ostrzoskrzydly

Jul 1, 2003
    By saying it will has the same footprint as your larger cabs, does it also mean it will sit perfectly on top of a Gordo or Whappo Grande ?

14. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    You correct sir!

Mark
    AccuGroove.com

15. kmacleish

kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Please explain the Accuswitch - I can certainly see how it can switch a cabinet between 4 and 8 ohms, but how can it do this without wasting half the input power in one position or the other?

Waiting for someone in Atlanta to become an AccuGroove dealer . . . . .

--Ken

16. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Damn I better get saving. These cabs ain't cheap :ninja:

17. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Being that it's Patent Pending, I really can't expound at this time; sorry.

These guys have talked about becoming a dealer. You might want to call & light a fire under their...sub woofer.
    Bass Atlanta