Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

to the following,

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BoomSTICK, Jul 23, 2001.

1. BoomSTICK

BoomSTICK

Jul 23, 2001
    Atlanta
    All advice that has been given by everyone is groovy.
    and THANX for the welcome to the BOARD!!

I would like to pose another question: I have a fender jazz custom deluxe
    (american made) bass w/ fender J lace sensors in it. It is the only bass that everyone i play with says that it is a great sounding bass. I got it from a music store about 5 years ago and i believe i purchased it for a really good price, I haven't been able to find another one like the one i have since.
    I also have come to the knowledge that it is a completely custom bass, I think the neck might have been special ordered and the body as well. I've looked @ the Fender page and have tried to research it, but to no avail. No music store that i have been to has been able to detect it's origin. I wish to recruit the knowledge of the BOARD to help me resolve this matter once and 4all. any resources will be a BIG help.

(I'TS ONE OF THOSE BASSES U THINK A LUTHIER WOULD HAVE MADE)

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Fender has a custom shop, so its possible that it came from there. Does it say "custom shop" anywhere on the bass?

Of course, if you bought it used, any luthier/owner/merchant could have done anything to it.