Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

To The Mac Panther Users

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davehenning, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Mac Gurus,

I was wondering if any of you knew of any links to some good-free pop-up blockers. (for OSX Panther)

thanks ahead of time

2. Safari and Opera both have built-in popup blockers. I prefer Safari.

3. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Thanks.

Having been away from Macs for so long, I was completely unaware.
    Maybe I should read the manuals!

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    :) the pop-up blocker in safari is quite good, it's easy to turn on and off in the safari menu item.

With the latest release of safari v1.2 it has finally become the only web browser I need, 100% compatibility with every site I surf to and it's very fast.

5. I've found it to still be a little too slow for some Javascript apps, so I have to keep a copy of IE on here.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    If I must use another browser, I use camino, it hasn't failed me yet.

7. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the heads up. I have had no problem with pop-ups since.

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Remember that Micro$oft stopped support of Internet Exploder for mac a little while ago, so there won't be any updates in the future. Safari is all I ever need.

9. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    The only time I use IE is when I have to register for classes, because of some stupid setting in the server that wont let it work with Safari. I had to spend half-an-hour fighting with my password before I tried it with IE and got in immediately. Safari's awesome!

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    There are some sites, and I'd imagine servers too, out there that actually *specifically* go out of their way to disable safari support. Pretty annoying...they are usually PC-centric sites anyway though, but it's still lame that people'd do that.

11. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Now that you mention it, I had the same problem when registering for classes at my University. Although even IE on a windows machine only works about half the time with my university's registration system. So I guess Safari isn't all I ever need. :bawl: