Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

to the Warwick F.N.A. Jazzman owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by whitehouse, Oct 2, 2002.

1. people, do you like the pickups ??
    did ya have any troubles with the High output of the MM ??
    and did any of ya change the MEC pickups with the Seymour Duncans ??

talk peoples .. talk :p

2. I like the pickups, but I commonly play with the balance turned half-way. I sometimes uses the Jazz pickup alone but almost never the MM alone.
    I must admit that there's a big difference of level between the two pickups, and if you switch from "jazz alone" to "MM alone", there's a HUGE difference.
    That's a problem of volume, not of tone, and I love the sound of the pickups.

3. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    On my Streamer Jazzman i think the pickups are great. I like the tone my bass makes! I usually use a blend between both J and MM pickups. About the question i take it your refering to volume. I find that the MM pickup does produce a slightly higher sound compared the J, but only when the switch is at the bottom. I think when i bought it, the previous owner must have lowered the MM pickup or somethin', cause i don't hear too much of a difference in volume.

The only thing i've noticed about my jazzman is that it produces plenty of treble so i usually have to bring the treble knob down near zero. but its all good mate.

4. ipodeloc, you read my mind !!
    I do the same thing, switching it half way..half jazz and half MM

5. Reading minds is my favourite hobby!
    Always surprising, hum?

6. are there so few people who own a F.N.A. Jazzman ??

7. Maybe, everyone wants a Thumb or a Corvette standard. No in-between ...
    Maybe they are not so represented in the stores too ... I have bougth mine without trying it before ... not even seen a real one!