1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

To those under 30 years of age, do you hang out with senior citizens ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Sep 12, 2008.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

To those under 30 years of age, do you hang out with senior citizens ?

2. I don't mind hanging out with my grandmas (or my grandpas when they were still here), but I don't have any elderly friends beyond that.

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Yes. They have the coolest story's sometimes.

4. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    If I'm bored I'll talk to an old dude...sometimes they surprise me...sometimes its the same tired old story. They don't like to let you talk though...apparently if you are under 60 its a lecture and not a conversation.

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Of course, I'm a golf addict.

6. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Oh wait, you said under 30. So I guess I don't qualify.

7. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Are you implying that over 30 is a "Senior Citizen"?

8. I hang with my grandparents on occasion. usually all i hear about is how Giant (east coast gorcery store chain) is going down. i've offered to drive them to different stores.

9. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    LMAO :D. I love old people. They love to complain about places and things, but are often so wrapped up by their routine that they continue going to the same places and doing the same things. Funny stuff. My grandmother in England is the same way. :D

10. Yes. In general, they are awesome people. (I say in general because, as with any given group of people, there are the ones who aren't so special.)

I believe that every time we lose one, a library burns down. They have so much to say if you really sit down with them.

I'm 17, by the way.

11. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    True. If there is one thing old people love its routine...especially if that routine involves dinner at 3:00.

12. sometimes.

13. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    I used to hang with my grand pa, many stories, I remember my mom and grand mo telling us: where u going? please dont drink, give me that damn gun ! he passed away 8 years ago , i miss him so much.

The only guy I hit the bar with is my work mate Joe Wall , he is 65 , and believe or not , months ago we went to a Def Leppard concert, we stop in a bar before the concert started, to make the story short, we ended up sharing the table with five hotties all of them around 20 years old, we are going to Australia soon, lets see what happen there.

14. I've been pretty friendly with a couple of people from work that were 50+, though I'm not sure if that technically qualifies as a senior citizen. One of them I routinely hang out with, if you met him you'd never guess he was 50. I always figured he was in his mid 30's until he told me his age.

15. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I love my grandpa and all, and love talking to him, but all too often it turns into telling me to go to church, vote republican and love bill o'reily.

16. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I'm never really exposed to any in a situation that doesn't involve one of them counting out exact change and me dying inside while I wait behind them for twenty minutes.

I'm sure there are some really, really swell ones, though.

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

No.

18. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Sure. Smoking fatties with the old glaucoma patients at the home is the shiz. Plus I've got really good at bridge and Wheel of Fortune