1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TO trade or not to trade

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowdown5, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Lowdown5

Lowdown5

Mar 3, 2008
  2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Just depends on what you're looking to do.

(based on my experiences with my EMG-40 loaded active 3-band Studio Pro 5.)
    The Schecter can give you deep thumpy with Flats on it. It can give you bright and edgy with Steels on it. What I've found they do not do well is a low-mid Jazzy sound.

I fought with mine for quite a while, then I put flats (chromes) on it and it has found a firm home as a deep dub'ee vintage sounding bass. At least for my use. I use on things like fingerstyle things like Sublime, "I will Survive" by cake, John Mellencamp, and instances where I may want a muted flats w/ pick thumpy sound. When I'm not using it I'm using my OLP mm32 which I'm extremely happy with.

The combo of those two definitely works well for me. Everyone will have different experience and outlook.

3. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    In a trade you'd be lucky to get $200-250 for it and I'm sure it's worth a whole lot more than that to you!

If you can afford it I'd keep it as a second bass to support the Jazz or the P. If you really need to sell then classifieds (good one here!) are likely to get you more money than a trade. Of course a trade gives you the least hassle!

Good luck.