1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

to tweeter or not to tweeter...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by guero, Mar 23, 2009.

1. guero

guero

Mar 23, 2009
    im stationed in germany and theres only one guitar store in the city i live and its all way over price and in euros...(i hate this exchange rate)..anyways i cant get any big amps from any store in the states cuz they only can ship up to 70ish lbs...so i bought this behringer last week from the one store downtown. its the bx4410 and the tweeter is always annoyingly distorted and it makes it sound like crap. im close to just taking it out. unless anyone has any suggestions. the bass i have is a squire pbass special that i took the pickups out of and put in just a spb-3 and took out the tone pot. it was shot so i wired it like the mark hoppus bass except i have a linear 500k in there instead of whatever it is in his...i know its 250k just not sure it linear or not. anyways im open to any suggestions on how to fix the tweeter and maybe get a better sound outta my bass.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Disconnect it and put it back. Got to have something in the hole to keep it from chuffing.

3. if there is an autinuator (Knob to adjust the horn level ) just turn it down if not try rolling back some of your high's

4. Clank

Clank

Jan 7, 2008
    Huntington Beach
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Strings
    +1

5. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    Or you can use some strong black tape to hold a piece of closed-cell foam in the tweeter's mouth. That's more easily reversible.

6. guero

guero

Mar 23, 2009

there is no control for it and even with the highs and mids turned all the way down theres still some distortion coming from it just not as noticable...but still noticable...plus i dont like the way it sound without highs or mids

7. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I have a busted Tweeter in my Epifani cab & I just turn it off, cab sounds great for what I play... rock cover songs. If I slapped then it would be a different story.