Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Toadworks Enveloope

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Sep 28, 2005.

1. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Digging... anyone have experiance with one of these?

2. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    bump...

was thinking this could be very cool with my prunes and custard?

3. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Yeah, I have a feeling I need to scoop up one of these someday.

4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hmm.. Facinating possibilities!

I wish the audio samples on the site worked more with its subtleties - it seemed that they'd always go 'super-light picking' to very-sudden 'hammering on it'. ..Makes me think that that it's maybe not-so good at the transitions! Else, why wouldn't they show it off with some pieces that delicately sweep it up and down through its range?

Joe

5. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
    Anyone take the plunge and try this out yet? I would love a review and feedback.

6. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
  7. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Just watching this as I think it'd be an amazing toy if done well, but is more something I want than need.

8. jufros

jufros

Nov 24, 2008
    Major necro-posting here, but does anyone actually have one of these and have they been able to do anything interesting with it? I'm picturing...

MXR BOD->Subdecay Flying Tomato->Enveloope w/ Micro POG clean and +1 octave in loop->EBS Bass IQ

Dig in hard and you get an octave on top?! That's kind of insane if it works that way.

Any testimonials/things you would want to try with this?

9. Necro-posting is ok as long as you admit it and aren't trying to give the long-gone OP advice :D

I always thought the enveloope would be really cool with either a delay or really deep hall reverb in the loop.

Then again, the envelope may fall too quick to hear the delay. Hrmmm. Well, the reverb would sound cool

10. JmJ

JmJ

Jan 1, 2008
    NYC
    Had one for a week or two, I liked it but not enough to keep it. It somehow sounded like it was an amps effect loop, that is to say not always "wet" enough. I almost kept it but wanted to keep my rig simple. Creates a mini snakepit on your board.

11. jufros

jufros

Nov 24, 2008
    Slap back delay on ghost notes could be amazing.

Also...

Enveloope (Loop=Octave + Fuzz) ->
    Envelope Filter
    (this could be ridiculous)

Dirt ->
    Enveloope (Loop=Chorus + Phaser)

Anything ->
    Enveloope (Loop= EQ for Bass/Low-Mid Boost)

Enveloope (LS-2 in loop)
    =envelope control of two parallel effects loops... who knows?

Using it with a micro POG just sounds too slick to me though.

12. I assume it simply controls the mix after return? As opposed to the amount of signal going out, right?

If it's a mix control, I'd use it as a sidechain compressor.

If it controls the amount of signal going out, I'd use it to split two effect chains.