1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Toadworks Mr. Squishy not working......

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Outlaw_son, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Outlaw_son

Outlaw_son

Mar 8, 2007
    Omahell
    Ive not had this pedal for long and the other day it just stopped working! So here is the situation. The pedal was working great for a few weeks and now when I turn on the pedal I get no sound. :confused: It works fine when it is bypassed and I tryed changing the batteries and since then Ive switched to a 1 spot to power it. It will still light up when stomped but nothing is coming out. I took some pictures of the inside and will post em up tommorrow. Does anybody have any ideas on what might be going on?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Is the volume knob turned down? I can't tell you how many times I've panicked at a pedal going dead, only to discover that I had accidentally nudged the volume knob down.

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Hmm, if isn't something simple like the volume knob then I don't know. The fact that the LED lights up rules out a lot of obvious culprits, but it also makes it more confusing. I think you'll have to post those gutshots/give more info in order to get a diagnosis. On the other hand, if you haven't had it that long and it really is broken, I'd definitely contact Toadworks and the place you bought it from.

On a side note, is it just me or are we particularly overrun with compressor threads at the moment? Especially ones involving the Mr. Squishy. Weird.

4. I just popped in to say the exact same thing... Mr. Squishy is a hot topic at the moment!

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It's bassdumpster mostly. He's on a grave-robbing mission. I was surprised to see this thread, a legitimate new thread on the subject, with no input from Mr. Dumpster. ;)

6. Outlaw_son

Outlaw_son

Mar 8, 2007
    Omahell
    Bongo, yes I double checked all volumes/knobs ect. Big O, I purchased this from a kid on harmony central maybe 2 months ago. I got a good deal on it. It is the older model if that matters. Since it have no electrical know how,i imagine I might have to pay someone to fix it, so there goes my good deal.=( Worst part is I havent bought pedal cables yet so I havent gotten to try it out with all my other pedals in unison. Whatta drag. Ill post the pics tommorrow.

7. Outlaw_son

Outlaw_son

Mar 8, 2007
    Omahell
    So I emailed toadworks with the situation I am having and this was thier responce ........ "#49 is a pretty early one... that's got to be 6 years old.. If you bought it used, then no, there is no warranty, as our warranties are non-transferable. Sounds like the op-amp, or possible a capacitor died, although it could be as simple as a broken wire. It can be repaired, the flat fee for a non-warranty repair is $45 + shipping." :(
    Can anybody see anything from the pics? ^^^

8. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Nothing looks out of place or broken to me. Do you have a soldering iron? If so, you could rework the joints on the PCB; and if you have a multimeter, you could double-check the stompswitch is working properly.

9. Outlaw_son

Outlaw_son

Mar 8, 2007
    Omahell
    Unfortunately I have none of those things and havent had any experience using em :(

10. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Then, unless anyone else here can see something wrong with the pictures, you might need to save up and get it fixed by the manufacturer, unfortunately.

A cheap multimeter runs $10 or less (at least, they do here in Australia), and is will worth getting as you can use it for checking your cables, pedals, and so on ... perhaps something to think about at a later time. With a simple diagnosis tool like this, and the help of people here, you can probably solve a bunch of problems yourself without paying an expert to look at the unit, and then you also learn more about your gear.

11. toadworksusa

toadworksusa

Feb 26, 2007