1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Toaster vs. stock p/u on Rick4003's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chronicle, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    What's the difference? Just incase i might want to change the p/u's are the toaster p/us better?

Expect another Rickenbacker thread, showing my new one off very soon ;) [Should be here Monday]

2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

This is for thinking about changing your pickups:

[​IMG]

Just kidding. I have no idea. All I can say is that I have the original stock pickups on my 1981 Ric 4003, and it kills, tone-wise. I'll never change them. :D

3. www.rickresource.com

Search on that forum, because many people have good input on everything Ric-related.

Almost all Ric owners there.

:)

BTW, most people only change the neck pup to the Toaster, from what I've heard, the Hi-Gain works great in the bridge - plus I'm pretty sure Rics can be ordered with the Toasters in the neck position only.

4. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    yeah i've seen numerous combinations

My Ric4003 is being delayed cause the guy at ricpage.com sent me jetglo instead of fireglo.. so i gotta send the jetglo back then wait for the fireglo! :/