Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tobais - A good buy??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Acepiloto, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I was looking at the Tobais Deluxe 4 on Music Yo.com, just wondering if it is worth the $320 I like the fact that it has active electronics. Just wondering on some of your opinions

2. I have a Toby Pro-5. The active electronics on it should be the same. They are decent. But the output is a little low..odd. It's lower than my Peavey T-40! But the tone is decent, worth the money IMHO.

That should have the J PU's? But the overally gain and tone shaping should be the same. My Toby is disturbingly well constructed, considering the cost. Lots of people may bash/bad mouth the MusicYo Tobys, but I'd pick up another one in a heartbeat.

One warning, it will need a truss rod adjustment and an inotation. Just like 100% of the sub-$400 basses out there. Truss rod/bridge adjustment is cake. Email if you need some help.

HTH

Dave

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Decent basses for the price.

They are worth the price that they sell for, and as tufnuts said, are extremely well constructed.

4. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Yeah, I think so. I played a Tobias recently in a shop. It played nicely and had a decent tone. You could do a hell of a lot worse.

5. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    look at this real tobias on ebay look for a blue renegade for 500 bucks awesome