Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by A Rock, Apr 21, 2003.

1. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    DarkMazda of Tober wanted me to post a review of their band since i saw em saturday night. Since they started there set at 12 30am i heard one of their i cant post much.

The band's first song was pretty good. A Heavy song accompanied by melodic vocals and Intense screaming. Crunching guitars, Intense drumming, and intricate bass line. Even though it was a very cliche song i really appreciated the tightness of the band.

The band performance of the song was mediocre. The singer seemed to be a very very serious person however, he got into his music contorting in ways i never thought was possible by anyone but gymnists. He had the look of a frontman of a dark and mysterious band. The guitarist looked very "nu" metal with his bandana and twisted and/or braided hair. As for the rest of the band..tho they got into their music...they seemed like normal people with jeans and t-shirt. Now in my opinion...either whole band does the whole "look" thing or no one at all. There can't be only half a band all geared up as if they were shooting a music video and the rest do nothing.

And for DarkMazda, your Zon had a very nice tone. For having everything equalized flat, there was a lot of low end to it. But i must say the sound guy liked the bass loud, which inhanced most band's bassist's low end. And one more thing DarkMazda.....DO NOT WEAR YOUR OWN BANDS T-SHIRT...UR NOT THAT BIG YET!!!! Lol.

Im looking foward hearing your full set this saturday. Rock on!:bassist:

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah,,, don't be "That guy".

3. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hey, I must check those guys around! I just LOVE bands with INTENSE SCREAMING in their songs! :D

Sorry, but that just sounded so funny :p