Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TOBER REVIEW

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by A Rock, Apr 21, 2003.

1. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    DarkMazda of Tober wanted me to post a review of their band since i saw em saturday night. Since they started there set at 12 30am i heard one of their songs...so i cant post much.

THE REVIEW:
    The band's first song was pretty good. A Heavy song accompanied by melodic vocals and Intense screaming. Crunching guitars, Intense drumming, and intricate bass line. Even though it was a very cliche song i really appreciated the tightness of the band.

The band performance of the song was mediocre. The singer seemed to be a very very serious person however, he got into his music contorting in ways i never thought was possible by anyone but gymnists. He had the look of a frontman of a dark and mysterious band. The guitarist looked very "nu" metal with his bandana and twisted and/or braided hair. As for the rest of the band..tho they got into their music...they seemed like normal people with jeans and t-shirt. Now in my opinion...either whole band does the whole "look" thing or no one at all. There can't be only half a band all geared up as if they were shooting a music video and the rest do nothing.

And for DarkMazda, your Zon had a very nice tone. For having everything equalized flat, there was a lot of low end to it. But i must say the sound guy liked the bass loud, which inhanced most band's bassist's low end. And one more thing DarkMazda.....DO NOT WEAR YOUR OWN BANDS T-SHIRT...UR NOT THAT BIG YET!!!! Lol.

Im looking foward hearing your full set this saturday. Rock on!:bassist:

A-Rock

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah,,, don't be "That guy".

;)

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hey, I must check those guys around! I just LOVE bands with INTENSE SCREAMING in their songs! :D

Sorry, but that just sounded so funny :p