1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

tobias 1995 Killer B

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by curtisb, Jan 19, 2012.

1. curtisb

curtisb

Jan 19, 2012
    I have a killer b actually made by Gibson. Does anyone have a four screw bridge for sale? I need to replace it. I will check the classifieds but thought I would check here as well. Thanks for the help.

2. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Unfortunately those bridges were produced by wilkinson and no longer made.

I have retro fit Hipshot "B" bridges with no trouble and gibson used stock ABM bridges for the 5 and 4 string models.

You may find one used on the market. Best of luck.

3. curtisb

curtisb

Jan 19, 2012
    Wow...this was a huge help. I don't know allot about hardware but this is enough to take me further down the road. Thanks. Just out of curiosity, are these basses well respected? I like the string spacing but it's always felt felt delicate in my hands. Thoughts?

4. Mousekillaz

Mousekillaz

Nov 25, 2009
    Anacortes Wa.
    who cares what other people think? I'd buy one!

5. makaspar

makaspar Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Austin, TX
    They're the most respected when you pull your strap up really high - ha!

Next time you'll keep the loc-tite away from your "luthier" :-D

6. Delicate? I can't figure how they're any more delicate than any other bolt-on solid body bass guitar. Less delicate than the cheap ones. You must break hollowbodies into splinters.

SOme people like them. SOme people don't. Others say good ones are good, but quality hasn't been consistent over the years, so try them out until you find a good one. I had one. I liked it.

Mcnailit likes this.
  7. makaspar

makaspar Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Austin, TX
    His go-to bass is a 5-string Stingray, and he regularly throws it around his back, SRV style.. No joke.