Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tobias #2043, second to last pre-gibson...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ModulusAcacia, Oct 12, 2003.

1. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon
    Hey all:
    I thought I'd throw this out here first... I'm selling the second to last pre-gibson tobias bass, #2043. It was owned by a former Tobias employee and has been cared for it's entire life. Here's the details...

-Pau Ferro top and back with mohogany core, ebony veneers between every laminate in the body
    -super flamed maple, purple heart, and wenge neck
    -original Tobias HSC
    -zircote fingerboard
    -Barts with the 3-band EQ
    -high gloss laquer finish
    -this is also the only Tobias with a scarf-joint headstock al 'a an ibanez guitar. the neck laminates are still present on the volute. the headstock has a pau ferro overlay to match the top and back wood and features the pearl inlaid "T" tobias emblem. (you'll see in the pics)

The serial # is in the truss rod cavity so I'll try to get a rubbing of the # since I'm doubtful a digital camera would get it.

The bass in in excellent condition. only a couple small nicks on the back keep it from being mint (two minutes with a schooled repair guy and a buffing wheel would get them out). A great collector's piece as original Tobiases start to get more rare. I'll post an army of pics in the following replies. I'm asking $2550 OBO shipped within the lower 48.

I may be interested in trades, especially USA lakland classics, MTD's (esp. wenge neck 24-fret), Modulus Flea MM-J, who knows, run it past me worst case I say no thanks :) But really I need $$$ (time to get my broke ass out of debt!) e-mail me directly: Modulus@fuse.net Thanks for the space,

Justin K.

2. ModulusAcacia

Mar 22, 2000
  3. ModulusAcacia

Mar 22, 2000
    the scarf joint headstock attachment...

4. ModulusAcacia

Mar 22, 2000
    front of the headstock...

5. ModulusAcacia

Mar 22, 2000
    one more of the back...

6. ModulusAcacia

Mar 22, 2000
    $2400 and flexible... I've got a Fodera staring me down and won't let me out of it's sights ;-)

7. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
  8. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Just wanted you to know......I think you posted the wrong picture......It looks like the back of a Zon Legacy.