Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tobias 4 /tobias 5, do they have the same size body?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Mar 6, 2006.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i have a tobias signature 4 string bass that i love. the only thing i dont like is the small sized body. ive been thinking about getting a tobias basic 5 and was wondering if anyone knows if the 5 string has a bigger body?

my main bass is a sadowsky uv70 and ive mainly played jazz bass shaped basses my whole life. i love the sound of tobias basses. i wish they were just a little larger.

2. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Les Nessman here with the weather, or something like that :)

I'm not 100% sure but I remember all those models, basic, classic, sig as having the same body width & shape regardless of string count. Rather small, which is why I love 'em!

3. Hello,

I don't think these two models have similar sizes.
    I think the 5 string have a bigger body than the 4, but not so bigger than it seems to be.
    Ask this question here:http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/tobiasmtdbasses/
    Some guys there may have these models and know the differences.

4. Are you looking at a MTD Tobias or at a Gibson Tobias?....
    Regardless i happen to think they all have similiar sizes..ive got a Growler 4, Growler 5, Killer B 5 , Basic 4 and Basic 5 hanging on the wall in my shop right across from me..The only real body diffrence is in the upper horn. Its skinny and longer on the lower models and a bit thicker on the higher models.