1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

tobias 4 /tobias 5, do they have the same size body?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Mar 6, 2006.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i have a tobias signature 4 string bass that i love. the only thing i dont like is the small sized body. ive been thinking about getting a tobias basic 5 and was wondering if anyone knows if the 5 string has a bigger body?

my main bass is a sadowsky uv70 and ive mainly played jazz bass shaped basses my whole life. i love the sound of tobias basses. i wish they were just a little larger.

2. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Les Nessman here with the weather, or something like that :)

I'm not 100% sure but I remember all those models, basic, classic, sig as having the same body width & shape regardless of string count. Rather small, which is why I love 'em!

3. Hello,

I don't think these two models have similar sizes.
    I think the 5 string have a bigger body than the 4, but not so bigger than it seems to be.
    Ask this question here:http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/tobiasmtdbasses/
    Some guys there may have these models and know the differences.

4. Are you looking at a MTD Tobias or at a Gibson Tobias?....
    Regardless i happen to think they all have similiar sizes..ive got a Growler 4, Growler 5, Killer B 5 , Basic 4 and Basic 5 hanging on the wall in my shop right across from me..The only real body diffrence is in the upper horn. Its skinny and longer on the lower models and a bit thicker on the higher models.