1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tobias i.d.?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ladros2, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    It's a Toby all right. Like the listing says, a Korean made "Toby" model, Toby Pro I think. Used to be sold through MusicYo online, very inexpensive mass produced bass. They were great basses for very little money. It's not a Mike Tobias made Tobias, or even a US made Gibson. Even without the seller saying it's Korean, it's easy to tell.

Control layout: 4 knobs in a diamond arrangement.
    Pickups: "Tobias" labelled soapbars.
    Dot position markers.

All the neckthrough Korean basses had these features. I don't know the going rate in the UK.

2. This morning at church, we had a joint service, with our service and the people who rent the church from us in the afternoon, and the bassist for the other service played that bass. I tried it out afterwards, and it felt nice to play. I really liked how the back of the neck was sort of flat, or not as rounded out as say a Music Man is, or even my Fender V. What is the going rate for one of these new and/or used in US or CAN $?