SOLD Tobias Killer-B 4-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Basstovsky, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Basstovsky

Basstovsky Stuck on those 4-strings

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my long loved Tobias Killer B. The best neck profile I've had on any bass, and wonderful Bartolini growl, it's hard to let this one go. This is Gibson era I'm pretty sure. Pickups and preamp are still stock bartolini with push-pull on the volume knob for slap contour, and 3-way mid selector switch. I've done my best to show all the visible signs of wear on it, if you need more pictures feel free to ask.

The bass has been played and has signs of wear, but no abuse, dings, or repairs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I always preferred the older ones with the natural headstock.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One knob is mismatched in these photos, but the bass will come with all 5 original knobs, I'm looking for the last one, will post an updated picture when I've got it installed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some slap wear near the neck pocket, as well as some odd figuring in the wood.
    [​IMG]

Honestly not sure what the previous owner did to cause this scratch, also thumb wear by the pickup
    [​IMG]

This bass comes with a Tobias Killer B case that I picked up used online, fits perfectly and is in great shape other than the central locking latch removed because the number combination is unknown (I'll pick up a replacement latch to give the new owner the option to have it)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paypal only. Shipping to the contiguous US 48 states only. Shipping cost is included in the price because I have always had issues with quotes. Will be shipped UPS or Fedex, buyer's choice.

Hit me up with any questions here in the thread. This is a spectacular playing and sounding bass, but car repairs don't come cheap.

Wstrindade, Mertle72 and mikewalker like this.
  2. Basstovsky

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Now with 5 black dome knobs instead of the volume knob being the odd one out with a marker dot
    [​IMG]

Replacement latch included in case.
    [​IMG]

Needsalilmore likes this.
  3. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    Any possible trade intrest?

4. Basstovsky

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Sorry but I can't, need the money for repairs to pass inspection.
    Thanks for your interest.

5. Basstovsky

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Price dropped to $850 including shipping.

6. Still available?

7. Basstovsky

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I've received some PMs but no one saying they want to buy it yet, so it's still available.

8. TLicksBass

TLicksBass

Mar 16, 2009
    North Carolina
    Huh, I've not seen a 4 String Killer-B, I always thought those were 5'ers. Very nice.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022