Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tobias Renegade 4 and '74 P-Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by natrab, May 9, 2005.

1. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Got a couple of basses here I'm ready to let go.

First is the Renegade. I bought it from Odie, and it's in the same condition as when I bought it. I'll give you his description:

It has great action and is mint. Not any blemishes other than very fine minute marks. Looks new. Plays great, very low action. Better than my Modulus.
    -4 string
    -Bart pups
    -contour neck
    -slap switch
    -passive/active
    -Finish is actually transparent and you can see some woodgrain. Not real grainy but it is there.

*TOBIAS IS SOLD*

Next is my '74 Precision. It's more of a vintage player than collector, as it doesn't have the original pickups and it seems like some of the pickguard screws have been replaced. Plays really well, though the frets could use a workover (they still have plenty of meat left - don't need to be replaced). Comes with an original HS case with a rasta paintjob (not mine). Has brand new DRs on it.

I'm asking $900 shipped.

PICTURES!

2. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    PM sent begging for pictures of the electronics -- long story, but I have the same preamp as is in these Tobias Renegades, but can't find any info on how to wire it...

Cheers!

ltt

3. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
  4. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Sorry, not interested in another J-bass right now.

I'm working on the pictures of the control cavity :)

5. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    You are officially my hero :hyper:

6. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    IIRC I sold this to Odie in the first place. Great bass and a killer slap machine. Good luck with selling it bro.

7. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    *bump* The Renegade is sold.

8. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    P-Bass is $900 shipped.

9. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Were you able to get pics of the wiring <please, please, please, please, please, please, please> :help:

10. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    *bump*

$850 shipped for the P-Bass.