Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tobias Renegade contols. Houston we have a problem.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by odie, Apr 22, 2004.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

2. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Ok, it's been four or five years, but if memory serves me:

volume
    blend
    tone (normal tone roll-off if "down" but if pulled out, it boosts frequency ranges)
    series/parallel switch

Someone, correct me if I'm wrong...

It's a fun bass (and soooo light!). Enjoy!

Marshall

3. odie

odie Supporting Member

I thought the switch might be a slap contour?? and the push pull a passive mode??

Anyone?

4. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    It's definitely a series/parallel switch.

Yeah, that push/pull knob works just like a passive knob down, and an eq boost when pulled. Here's the press release that I just dug up:

The Renegade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Renegade's beauty is in its simplicity. Featuring a solid alder body and maple bolt-on neck, it speaks with a powerful vintage voice. The sound is supplied by a humbucker and jazz bar pickup, both custom made by Bartolini. A toggle switch allows the humbucker to run in "series" or "parallel", offering a wide variety of tone. A pull on the tone control activates the contour circuit, which uses a trim pot to boost the Renegade's EQ curve. For a more "natural" sound, the tone contour circuit is by-passable.

Features:
    Solid alder body
    Three-piece, bolt-on maple neck
    Heelless neck joint/dual truss rods
    One Bartolini humbucker, one Jazz Bar humbucker
    Active preamp with TC-7 pickup circuit, push-pull tone control
    Tobias bridge
    Black hardware
    Maple fingerboard
    24-fret, Double Octave range
    Hand Rubbed Oil Finish

Options:
    Body Woods: Alder
    Neck Woods: Maple
    4 and 5 string models in satin blue, satin amber, satin green, satin black and satin red
    Lined/Unlined Fretless

5. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Sent you a PM on this as well. Vol, Blend, Tone, the switch is series parallel and if you pull up on the tone knob it activates the mid contour for a quick slap tone. You can adjust the freq inside the control cavity.