Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tobias Renegade Info?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lackey, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hey all, I just made a very fair trade at GC yesterday :eek: . Much thanks to my buddy Steve who works there.

Traded my old Carvin cab straight across for a Gibbed' Tobias 4 with original hardshell case.

Now, a few questions for those in the know;

1) Is this a tung oil or poly finish? Seems VERY thin whatever it is.

2) Err, dumb question but,, Which way to put some relief back in the neck? Meaning, which way do I turn BOTH trussrods?

3) The serial number is 8201, any way to find out info on it?

BTW, its maple/maple, alder body w/satin finish of some kind, Bart pickups and preamp, black hardware.

Hope to get it dialed in and playing great!

2. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    To add relieve to the neck, turn both rods counter-clockwise.

From the serial number, my guess is around 97. If you call customer service at Gibson (I think it is 1-400-4gibson) then can tell you that exact date it was shipped from the serial number.

Hope that helps a little.
    Steve

3. Indigo

Indigo

Feb 19, 2004
    Örebro, Sweden
    Yeah, just contact Gibson to get the date it was invoiced. I mailed them at service@gibson.com.

Congratulations on what I´m convinced is a great bass =)

It would be fun to see it, have any pics of it yet?

4. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the responses..

Actually, my main question now is how the neck and body are finished. I already applied some Lemon Oil wood treatment to the fretboard and body, but I'm not sure it's soaking in.

5. Thombass

Thombass Guest

Dec 17, 2003