Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tobias/Toby upgrading question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by odie, Oct 7, 2000.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Im planning on upgrading some parts on my Tobias pro 5 string. I will start with changing the bridge and then later the electronics and pickups.

Does anyone know of what bridge would work with this bass, also any recommendations on specific brands and models.

Thanx all!!!

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Come on guys help me out :)

3. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    First I would just leave the bridge for now( I play a Tobias 4 string Pro)I would get the pick ups changed to EMG's :). I'm not to sure on bridges so it's your call there.

4. I would also change out the electronics first. You're going notice a bigger sonic difference. I'm assuming you have the Tobias pickups and preamp inside? I had mine swapped out with a Bart preamp and pickups and the difference was very noticeable. I was going to exchange the bridge for an ABM but the ABMs spacing turned out to be too wide for the Toby's neck so I'm just keeping the old bridge fer now until I have an extra $100 to blow.

The pickups I got were about $90 apiece and the preamp was about $135. Worth every penny.....