tobias toggle switch

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by uncledexterity, May 21, 2005.

1. I have a Tobias Growler. I'm assuming post Gibson since the number on the headstock is 7700. Anyway, I did something stupid and without getting into the details, snapped off one of the toggle switches. I searched around on the forums, but couldn't find any information. Basically, I'd like to get an original part or at least one that would look the same. I don't care about it being original for resale value, I just don't like having different looking knobs. Should I contact Gibson? Michael Tobias himself? Is there a website that has replacement parts for this bass?
    Any help at all would be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, all.
  2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    It's jsut a simple toggle switch, not something designed uniquely for the Growler! Lots of electronics suppliers have 'em. Besides, Gibson probably knows nothing about it (as usual) and the Growler was designed after Mike Tobias has already sold the company.

If you aren't sure precisely what the specs of the switch are, either Bartolini or Zon (who used the exact same Bart cirtcuit on the Sonus Studio) could probably help.