1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

tobin from papa roach's pedal board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rockerc, Nov 30, 2006.

1. rockerc

rockerc

Mar 4, 2006
    Rockwall, Texas
    here's a pic of his pedal board.
    TobinsEquipment.
    i'm a big fan of his playing. he's real good at bass. I know from the pic that the equipment shown is a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2, Cry Baby Bass Wah, Digitech WH-4,Prescription Electronics Depth Charge, and the Boss TU-2. But I can't figure out what the first pedal is. I know it is either a chorus or delay pedal because he uses those effects some. Just curious if anyone knows the name of the pedal. just curious for my own knowledge of what all he uses.

2. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive that's a Boss DD-3 Delay pedal.

Like this one

3. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Definitely a Delay. One of the Boss DD-"x" series. Could be a DD-5.

4. rockerc

rockerc

Mar 4, 2006
    Rockwall, Texas
    yeah. you guys are right. i think it is a DD-3. just worn out some lol.

5. yep..definitely a DD-3. Know how to tell? It only has one output. DD-5 and DD-6 are stereo delays so they would have two outputs on the left edge of the pedal. This one obviously only has one. :D

6. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    Actually the DD-3 has stereo outputs, just one is on the right side of the pedal.

7. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yeah, definitely a DD-3. An old beat-up one, looks exactly like mine :)

How much does he use that Whammy? I haven't listened to Papa Roach in a while, but I don't think I've head it on any of their songs.

-Dash

8. rockerc

rockerc

Mar 4, 2006
    Rockwall, Texas
    uh he uses the whammy not much. he does use it on a solo he does at concerts. but during songs he uses it subtly. like on one verse he'll use it to lower an octave. or stuff that is subtle. cuz on the dvd i see him turning it off and on through different parts but when its on during a song I don't hear much of a difference so I think it's for subtle stuff.

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I want to bump this to see the picture again I want to know what settings he uses on the Depth Charge before I sell mine for not sounding erm..... great :D

10. Peoliveoil

Peoliveoil

Nov 20, 2007