Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Toby Pro 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smidgley, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I never thought I would be selling this bass but I discovered that 5-strings and I were a better match. This bass is really too nice to be sitting in my closet - I'm not a collector and if it doesn't get played, it needs to go to someone who will play it.

I bought this new/old stock from Guitar Center less than a year ago and it is in near perfect condition, cosmetically. The one real weakness that the Toby Pro series had was the electronics and I replaced the pre-amp with a Bartolini.

The bass has a nearly new set of TI Jazz Flats installed and also comes with a good used set of DR Black Beauties and a set of Scaller straplocks are installed. Also included is the Tobias logo'd gig bag that was purchased separately from the bass - it's not as nice as the bass but is plenty serviceable.

$500.00 plus shipping, available to the US only.

PayPal preferred, I'll pay the fees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RyKnOw

RyKnOw

Jul 23, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Wish it were a 5'er, Ohh well, I might have to pick this up though..... I get back to this.

3. Me too! If it were a fiver, it wouldn't be for sale.

4. I think a Toby Pro was one of the absolute very first basses I ever GAS'd over! Too bad I don't have the cash just lying around the house, or I'd snatch 'er up!

+1... 5 would be better!

-ryan-

5. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    What kind of neck attachment does that have?

6. Neck-through

[​IMG]

7. RyKnOw

RyKnOw

Jul 23, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    GAS there so sick when you get a new preamp, and he has already done that, someone buy this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. maynard

maynard

Feb 28, 2005
    nowhere
  9. maynard

maynard

Feb 28, 2005
    nowhere
  10. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    Damn, for $500, that's awesome.

11. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    psst, you're supposed to send a pm.

12. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    owned...

yea... generally the person that is interested sends the first message.

13. [​IMG]
    As no money has come anywhere near changing hands, I'm considering this still available.​

14. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    what kind of pickups are in there?

15. I'm not certain who actually made them (EMG, I've heard) but they just say Tobias on them. The old advertising just calls them "Custom-wound Tobias "SoapBar" style Humbucker".

16. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    what the heck is a single coil humbucker?

17. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    i think all humbuckers, by definition, are dual coil. i've never heard of a single coil humbucker... anyway, are they standard size on the toby, making them easier to replace?

18. Yes, they are a standard size - 1.5" x 4". Something like the Bartolini M44C will drop right in.

19. Still available here for few more days, then it goes to eBay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.