1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Today, I do not care.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Apr 3, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    My pop is in the hospital with cheat pains, he might die.

My best friend from childhood died Sunday afternoon hiking with his family. He went to climb up a short cliff to take a picture from above them and fell to his death with his wife, nine year old and six year old daughters watching.

Ya know, nothing really matters to me anymore. I don't care about a bass, my amp, my golf clubs, some stupid plasma TV hanging on my wall, the Florida Gators, the Steelers, our new SUV, none of that matters. I do not care one bit. I could really care less about anything. I just want the pain to go away...please.

-Mike

2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Hang in dude, one day at a time.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I understand very much what you are going through. My wife and I have had 9 people die that we know and love since this past december. She is at an unbelievable depressed state. You just have to keep on plugging along. Every life has its ups and downs. The pain will go away, but it will take time.

~Tony

4. I'm so sorry to hear all of this. You'll be in my thoughts.

5. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    That is terrible. You are definatly going through a tough time. If you are spiritual, turn to that. You also need to talk and not keep things bottled up. This is a tough time and you shouldn't go through it alone.

Take care.

6. I don't know if you are spiritual or not, but I'm praying for you.

7. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm so sorry Mike.

Marshall

8. I'm very sorry to hear this... I've had quite a few family members pass in my life, and I know there isn't much other people can say to make it feel better, but you will be alright. It'll take time but it will pass... I'm not sure about you but playing my instrument always helped me feel a lot better, music is the best medicine for me.

I wish you the best, you'll be in my thoughts.

9. My heart goes out to you, man. That is more loss then anyone should have to deal with - especially at one time.

Hang in there.

10. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

Mike ,

... the really terrible thing { in my own case anyway ...}
    about losing someone very close , is the inability to really grieve ,
    to let all emotions pour out and be done with it .

i'll hope for the best for you , and include you in my prayers if you
    don't mind ...

peace ,
    dave

11. clayton

clayton

Jun 26, 2005
    Sorry to hear all that bad stuff. Wish I had somehing wise or good to say, but the only thing I know is that when a friend or relative dies it hurts, it hurts like hell. But in my experience, in time you will feel better and you'll realize that the pain you're feeling is due to your love for them.

Maybe that's the price of loving a living thing, one day eventually you'll say goodbye, but that doesn't change what you lived with them.....I don't know, just hang on and you will feel happy you met them, and that outweights by far the pain you're feeling.

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Hang in there Mike. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah, I think I am approaching a state where I could be clinically depressed. I feel helpless, mad, sad, scared, frustrated and so on.

Here is something else that drives that knife into my heart a little bit deeper....the airlines want a small fortune for me to fly back there and be with my buddies family. A SMALL FORTUNE! I explain the situation to the person on the phone, and she reads back to me their stupid policy. I'm not going to yell at this poor girl, she only works for the place. It isn't her policy.

I MIGHT be able to have the return flight lowered if I bring a copy of the death certificate, or proof of death. What? Are they serious? Like I am supposed to ask my buddies parents for a copy of proof of death so I can get a deal on an airline ticket. What in the world is wrong with people? I'm not going to do that. "Yeah, would it be OK for me to get some kind of proof that XXXX is dead so I can lower my plane fare? Goodness.

How about you make the fares reasonably priced in the first place? It's not like the plane is making a special trip on my behalf. It's going to fly out on the times I chose with or without my money. Man, that makes me sick!

-Mike

14. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    My condolences.

The following phrase has served me well in troubled times:

"This too shall pass"

15. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

16. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Mike,

I've been there...the range of emotions can be overwhelming.

If you'd like, I can spend a couple hours on Orbitz, etc. to try to find flights and save you some hassle. Just PM me and tell me where you're going. Not a big help, but dealing with crap like that when you should be grieving sucks.

Marshall

17. Best wishes, MJ. Just keep groovin'. :)

18. i'm sorry to hear that Mike!
    those things are just awful, but all i can say is while you are allowed to be down about all this, just don't forget the people who are there for you, like us at TB. if you need to talk to anyone, feel free to drop a pm this way :)

19. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    My Condolences.

20. Please know that my thoughts are with you...........