Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

today i found my way in bass playing :]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    my bass is a 3-string, yeah. it's sad. the g-string's nut broke while I was changing strings one day, and I didn't re-string it with a 4th string. Then that bridge's sadle fell off, and then somthing fell off the G-string machine head. Until now I have practically given up on bass playing, because my input was broken until fairly recently. My macgyver guitarist friend fixed it with a lighter. So I've been practicing alot more and generally having lots of fun.

But today, I experimented with a new tuning! I tuned my bass is up an octave and to B-E-A. And so far, it's fuuun. I don't know why I didn't just tune it up an octave, but I wanted a b-string :p The best part about it is the strings have really high tension now and augment my carpal tunnel-ridden picking technique quite well. It's alot easier to rock out :x I never knew going from not even flab to stiff strings wuld make such a difference in my playing ability :D I'm happy.

NOW SOMONE COME TO OKC AND FIX MY BASS FOR ME :p

2. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Break down and pay to have someone fix it for you. Or keep playing it as a three string. Tony levin had a three string made specially for him. It was a music man bass. He said that he liked it. I don't know I've never played a three banger before?

3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I wouldn't recommend keeping those strings that tight any longer, because sooner than later the wood is going to give...probably the headstock.

A repairman isn't that expensive.