1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

today i found my way in bass playing :]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    my bass is a 3-string, yeah. it's sad. the g-string's nut broke while I was changing strings one day, and I didn't re-string it with a 4th string. Then that bridge's sadle fell off, and then somthing fell off the G-string machine head. Until now I have practically given up on bass playing, because my input was broken until fairly recently. My macgyver guitarist friend fixed it with a lighter. So I've been practicing alot more and generally having lots of fun.

But today, I experimented with a new tuning! I tuned my bass is up an octave and to B-E-A. And so far, it's fuuun. I don't know why I didn't just tune it up an octave, but I wanted a b-string :p The best part about it is the strings have really high tension now and augment my carpal tunnel-ridden picking technique quite well. It's alot easier to rock out :x I never knew going from not even flab to stiff strings wuld make such a difference in my playing ability :D I'm happy.

NOW SOMONE COME TO OKC AND FIX MY BASS FOR ME :p

2. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Break down and pay to have someone fix it for you. Or keep playing it as a three string. Tony levin had a three string made specially for him. It was a music man bass. He said that he liked it. I don't know I've never played a three banger before?

3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I wouldn't recommend keeping those strings that tight any longer, because sooner than later the wood is going to give...probably the headstock.

A repairman isn't that expensive.