Today i GOT it.......SPECTOR RULES

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    bought my first spector this week. ive played alot of guitar shop spectors (cheaper ones) and really liked the feel. i got a natural oil finish ns-4. i finally got a day off work and cleaned it up and restrung it. it came with stings that were dead and heavier guage than i like. i plugged it into my main rig (ashdown abm500) and sat on my bed and played for hours. this is the most versital bass ive ever seen. ive been play flea basses with lane poors for the last couple years. i thought that was the ultimate sound ive ever had. in about 2 min i got this spector sounding just like a flea bass. i started listening to music and playing along. i could dial in any bass sound on any song that i played along with. the controls are so easy and this bass can sound like any bass ive played in the past and better. i had band practice for a couple hours tonight and the guys were floored. this bass actully brought back life to songs weve been doin for years, or i guess my playing did. i dont know of any bass on the market that plays any better. everyone looking for a new bass, a BIG LEAGUE BASS should save up their dollars and try a spector. for all you flea fans, keep an eye on the basses for sell forum. there might be a couple modulus basses on there soon. sorry to ramble on but today.......i got it.
  2. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    You've discovered the Holy Grail...... congrats! :D :hyper:

Welcome to the 'club'.... I guess you can tell now why we're all so proud to be members! :smug: :p :bassist: :bassist:
  3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Welcome to the club, brother!

For those lean in the pocket book, buying a Performace or Professional series Spector and then upgrading the electronics is a bit more cost effective than getting a Euro or US model...but one day I'll have the genuine article! They're well worth it...if you can get a high WAF (wife approval factor) beforehand! :rolleyes:

4. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Spectors do rule, IMO. I've gotten to selling every other bass I had and just keeping it, and buying more of them. It's good to see more people buying them... very versatile, and yet, they have that "Spector" tone and feel to them always. :bassist: Keep on rockin', I demand pics!

5. Guys, I'm in love with the Spector Euro 5lx, but I'm broke and a teen. What's the best bass for me? I'm interested in a 6 string. (I play the Spector Euro 5lx for about 2 hours every weekend at the guitar center because I'm in love with it.) I'm guessing they're all that smooth. Could you give me a link to a site that has them and reviews with prices?

I want to be a Spector transformate. I'm willing to go in hte 600 dollar zone. I heard the Q6 is decent, but didn't they discontinue it?
  6. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    $600? That'll get you a lot of Spector! I got BOTH my NS2000/5s for $850 total. Check eBay and especially the forums here. The Q6 and NS20006 have been discontinued. Hit up for the current line up, and for reviews.