1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Today I played a Rob Allen...I'm in love again (GAS)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Diego, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Diego

Diego

Dec 9, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    I played today a Rob Allen mb-2 at Rudy's music stop. I have never been attracted to rob's basses. Honestly, before today, I felt they were somewhat blunt and not very appealing...and then I tried a Ritter Roya fretless...amazing bass but I was not blown away (surprisingly). Then I decided to go fo the Allen...IT WAS THE VOICE OF GOD!!! (blasphemy aside of course, I do not mean to offend anyone)...It sounded HUGE, and I mean HUGE, form a very lightweight and now beautiful to me instrument. It sounds like a 100 year old double bass/modern fretless hybrid. Very thumpy yet lively with mwahh and good bite....but the "upright" sound of this thing is out of this wrold!!!. So here I am, standing in a dilemma...back to trying to sell my Pedulla Thunderbolt, get some dough and luckily find one of these babies in an "as new" conditions somewhere (I thick I can't afford a new one for the moment, I just got my Roscoe and I am kind of out of cash for a while). Why must I GAS again, why, lord why?