Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Today should be cool

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Dec 7, 2004.

1. I get to miss school today to be there an hour early to drive 3.5 hours to Fremont, CA to the Nummi Automotive Plant for a 1.5 hour tour. We get to ride in a charter bus and watch movies the whole way and I only had to pay $15. This is gonna kick ass.

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Sounds cool, today i get to hang out in the library for a couple of hours, go home, get a shower and my girlfriend is cooking, then im going out with her best mate to see the Vagrant Records tour (From Autumn To Ashes)

3. You have beer on the bus? :hyper:

4. Oh, my day's so much cooler than all of yours. I get to take a Calc final in 26 minutes, then I get to study for a while, then a geography final's waiting for me. Party in David's dorm, WOOHOO!!! :hyper:

5. HAH! i feel you on that! i have a history final in 30 mins and a psyc final at 3. tonight though, there shall be some partying to celebrate a successful first semester!

6. That was a pretty cool day. First stopped at the Wyotek (sp?) training school and got a tour and they told us what they did there and we all got free safety glasses (which we all loved cuz ours are scratched to hell). Then we went to the Nummi plant and got the tour. I'll tell ya, how all those cars go together is amazing and it's pretty crazy how much precision and timing all goes into keeping the assembly line running smoothly.

7. im not catching any buses today. but im at work atm with a 6'er under the desk that ive been hittin all day.

word..

8. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    School field trips, those were the days. To be a kid again...

9. I go on field trip every day except they are in my car and they are sometime places like the Beach or 7-11 or Bashams, and my dog comes with me too. tomorrow we are going to go up and see the snow,, yea yea yea :hyper:

10. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sounds like something fun to do on my last day before the Holidays!

11. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    It reminds me of when we were senors in highschool. We went on a fieldtrip to Detroit to the court and sat in on some serious cases, drugs, prostitution, assalt and some other things I can't remember. We proceeded to goto the bar for lunchbreak with our friend's fake Canadian ID and got hammered before getting back on the bus home.

12. Me too....except my field trip always lands me in the same office building after a 45 minute car ride through the exceptionally courteous city of New Orleans. While there, I usually pass the time trying to improve my supervisor's credibility with the organization. Making idiots appear in control is difficult at times, but worth the effort when he gets rewarded for my work. These field trips usually last 8-12 hours, but on a good week, the funs spills into my pesky family time. I can't wait for the next time I can inform my family that I can't make an engagement because my field trip has lasted longer than planned!

Mike

P.S. Seriously, I'm glad some of you guys are in a more relaxed position, and I wish it for us all.