Today's Edition of Pick a Pre!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChrisB2, Sep 4, 2009.

1. ChrisB2

ChrisB2 Bass... in your fass

Feb 27, 2008
    TalkBass > Off Topic
    Sitting here bored, with a little gig money causing a small bout o' GAS for ... something ... anything.

I'm watching some near-field monitors on the bay, and pondering another possible cab acquisition, when I read about someone having problems with their SVP-Pro and it hits me - another pre! Yeah, I only have three right now, I REALLY SHOULD BUY ANOTHER PREAMP! :meh:

My main rig is using the SVP which I love but it's slightly limited. I've been sniffing around Sansamp for a long time since they get so much love and I've never used any of their gear... might like to give it a try. These have been on my radar lately:

- Bass Driver DI
    - RBI
    - RPM
    - VT Bass

I know a lot of guys run combos of these, I can either rack something new or add something to the SVP.

So.. if you were gassing for a pre and didn't have any of these, and like the Ampeg tone, which would you give a go?

Thanks! :D

2. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Do the New American thing. Save your money. If that causes you stress look into why.:)
    If you save it you will have more. That can become a habit then you will have gas about saving.
    Just sayin'.:):eek:

3. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    :0 Admitting you have gas doesn't mean it's okay to follow it through.:)

4. Ok, those preamps won't give an SVT tone I don't think...how much money you got? I'm personally kinda after one of these at the minute...

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021