Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Today's the day!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Dec 29, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    with a win over the Jets, the packers have home field.

i'll be crossing my fingers the whole frickin game :)

and lots of other playoff berths are being decided thsi week too....it should be a fun day of football.

2. With a win over the Packers, and if Miami loses, and Cleaveland loses, the Jets go to the playoffs. (or something like that, its all very complicated). Right now Miami is winning and Cleaveland is winning. :(

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    yup, so if they both win, the jets will be defeated morally having nothing to play for, and the packers will crush them.

sounds good to me :D

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Wow... I'm watching the game now....

Packers: 17
    Jets: 42

2 minutes left in the game.

Sorry.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    guh. that'll teach me to open my big mouth.

:( :( :( :( :(

but i wonder how the game would have turned out if the 'phins won?

now i'm just hoping tampa loses....

6. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    All i have to say is RAAAAIIIIIDDDDDEEEERRRSSSSS.:D

The Raiders 20yr Probation with the NFL is officially over,
    the Playing Field is now even.;)

7. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Oh yeah, and the Redskins beat Dallas!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

Finally, the 10 game winning streak agains the Redskins has been broken!!! HAHAAAA!!!

And on a very fitting day too... Today is Darrell Green's last game as a Redskin. And I am just glad he can go out on a win :)

I know they aren't going to the playoffs, but I am still happy :D

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, they should be proud that the worst team in the NFL only managed to beat them once this year. Little Danny Snyder gets a game ball.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    [​IMG]

;) At least give me this one game this whole year :D

10. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Did Emmitt Smith get the yards he needed to go for number 12 (1000 yard seasons)?

11. embellisher

Nope. Finished with 975 yards. I believe he rushed 17 times for 17 yards.

12. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

I need to be on MSN and have the crying smilie. I hate to ask anyone to help someone out, but by-God, Emmitt deserved that. He's taken some major punishments and some major disappointments in the past few years, but he's STILL cranking out 1000-yard (or darn close :( ) seasons. Truly a class act.

13. Hey Jason, I got your back all the way! Packers are taking it all anyway! That is if they can stop Vick from running!!! :eek:

14. I WANNA SEE VICK BLOW THROUGH EVERYBODY.

IF THAT CANT HAPPEN I WANNA SEE EDDIE GEORGE GET WHAT HE DESERVES: THE SUPERBOWL
    (and the one extra yard...)

TITANS WILL TAKE ALL

15. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    he finished with 975 on the season, but the other stats you posted were a tad off this was his game stats for yesterday: 18 rushes, 13 yards, 0 TD, 7 long. Got those from here

As much as I hate Dallas, I would liked to have seen him break 1000 again. Ive had my eye on Emmit ever since he was with the Univercity of Florida

With a 1st round bye in the playoffs then getting homefield advantage for the 2nd round, I dont see Tampa losing too soon. Its starting to look like Tampa may just go to the Bowl this year! We might have the best offense in the league, but we DO have the best defense. So hopefully the offense will show up to work and work hard thoughout the playoffs. Besides that, they're long overdue for this!

16. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I find it hard to beleive that anyone in the NFL could dislike Emmitt Smith. Whether you like the Cowboys or not, there is absolutely no denying that he is the best running back to have ever played the game, and the fact that he is still at it 13 years after he was drafted is something everyone must applaud.

I have a bad feeling that he won't be-a'comin' back next year though:(

17. embellisher

Is that a done deal? I didn't think that it was.

18. He's just leaving Dallas right? Retirement better not be in question. :(

I completely agree with you. If Barry Sanders had kept playing, I think he would've been the best, but regardless, Emmitt Smith deserves respect from every football player and fan.

19. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida

I dunno if he was the best, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders are also 3 people that could easily be considered the best too.

20. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Don't hate on Vick. It ain't his fault that he's rushing for more yards that most RB's! :p