1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tokai Hard Puncher bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JaredBT, Aug 7, 2012.

1. JaredBT

JaredBT

Aug 7, 2012
    Hey. Jared here. Just got a like new Tokai Hard Puncher bass, its probably 90%. Sounds as good as my 2012 US Fender Jazz and plays just as well. Strang considering its from 1981. Amazing the effort the Japanese put into these products. Thats probably why Leo sued them and won. :hyper:

Attached Files:

2. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Anyway... beautiful instrument

Perfect even down to the tiniest Fender's imperfection: like the lower register half split pickup with E string on internal polepiece (screw in the internal screw and screw out the external one a bit to compensate the disallignment...)

Like I said
    Beautiful instrument BTW

Cheers,
    Wallace

PS: how much did you pay for it?
    In a shop near here, there's a wonderful '76 Ibanez pre-suit 3TS '70s big blocks Jazz bass that's worth a lottery!

3. Dave Campbell

Dave Campbell

Jul 13, 2006
    The prices on those have come back down to being a bargain again... they can routinely be had for less than $600 in decent shape, and there are usually a few on Ebay at any given moment. I missed out out on a few auctions by being outbid, and it's one bass that seems to stay on my radar. Very curious.