1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Tokai P-Bass ; Japanese Fender Replica (Greco Aria Fernandes Burny Lawsuit Era)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sailorofcheese, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I have a Old Japanese P-Bass for sale. its cream white with a deep red pearloid pickguard. The script logo reads "Tokai Custom Edition - Quality Musical Instruments of the World ". Made in Japan. Serial # 226161 . I'd say this bass could be dated a from late 1970s-early 1980s. i cant say i know the exact year. One piece maple neck. It has a thick warm growly tone. very awesome thick tone. Unfortunately, I was unable to identify what kind of pickups they are. The Bridge has been upgraded with a "Badass II". its has hipshot ultralite tuners. Nut Width 1-5/8ths"

*strap not included
    *the washers that were used in place of strap buttons have been replaced by Schaller lock washers

******IM KEEPING IT. NOT FOR SALE *******$420 + shipping (CONUS) OR pickup in Los Angeles

i decided to sell my other japanese copy with nordstrand pickups and an audere preamp. ima stick with the passive bass. heres the other
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/...ckups-audere-4-band-pre-w-zmode-switc-837078/

search words: matsumoku fujigen MIJ copy ibanez greco aria fernandes burny fernandez univox

Attached Files:

2. more pics

Attached Files:

3. pics

Attached Files:

4. PICS

Attached Files:

5. piiics

Attached Files:

6. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    Nut width?

7. bajocallao

bajocallao

Jul 13, 2006
    Woodside, New York
    Endorsing Artist: D'addario Strings, Aguilar Amplifiers
    Nice looking bass. Really considering it

8. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Very sweet basses, that's a real nice one too! Bump for a cool and rare version.

9. quiknilter

quiknilter

Nov 12, 2011
    Pm sent.

10. Nut width 1-5/8ths" - BUMP

11. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Where in L. A. Area are you????

12. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Are the original tuners included with the bass?

13. No original tuners came with it when i bought it. i was kinda bummed out at first when i bought it but they definitely make a difference with the weight of the bass and i grew to like em

Im located in the West Covina/La Puente area. i'll PM you LowBsix

14. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Original tuners were pretty dodgy anyway, definitely an upgrade in this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.