1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Tokai Tpb-57 2TSB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Spaceman Ian, Feb 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Spaceman Ian

Spaceman Ian MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore, Md
    MBasses
    Price:
    $750
    Strings:
    Bought this on reverb a few months back.

Tokai Tpb-57 1980's 2 Tone Sunburst | The Store

It is an excellent instrument, the natural resonance is astounding. I just bought a 1967 Ampeg Sb-12 and need to recoup some funds.

Mike Forrester of Forrester Kustoms (Baltimore, Md) recently dressed the frets.

(Read on: good copy from the previous sale as well as some of my own insight)

If you know about Tokai, you know how great these basses are. This one is like an old '57 P-Bass. It has a Sunburst Finish, Alder Body, Gold Anodized Pickguard, Maple Neck/Fingerboard - nut width is 1 5/8", big chunky profile, Vintage Style Bridge. Weighs right at 9 lbs.

Non original items:
    strap locks
    Lindy Fralin p/u (will include original)

The bass has some serious "roadworn" wear, but still is in very good condition and has a great vintage vibe. Truss rod works and the neck is straight.

***It's currently strung with 45-105 Labella Flats. I’ve had these Flats for a few years and would like to keep them.

I have some lightly used 45-100 chromes that I can put on.
    Worn in Alleva Coppolo Flats (not sure of gauge)
    Or I’ll put on some fresh 45–105 dadarrio or Dunlop nickels

Let me know which strings you’d like on the bass***

Unfortunately, some previous owner (who was a knucklehead), sanded off the Tokai decal from the headstock. I guess he wasn't proud of his top-quality, Japanese bass You can still see where it says "Tokai", and this headstock is the mid-80's shape you'll see in Tokai catalogues. It's definitely a Tokai TPB '57, but if the missing decal is a deal-breaker, then this isn't for you.

$750 Shipped w/ generic bag, ConUs; PayPal please.

Not really looking for trades...

I’ll take my own photos tomorrow and upload. Until then, here’s one from the previous sale.
    15E69A5A-1BD3-47FE-A776-72BA9C76AEB7.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Sosa, jebmd, Uncle K and 1 other person like this.
  2. Billyzoom

Billyzoom Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Bay Area
    Friggin hot. Sigh...

Spaceman Ian likes this.
  3. Spaceman Ian

Spaceman Ian MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore, Md
    MBasses
    Sold pending payment.