1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tokyo Jihen - "Killer Tune" /sweet tone/

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Road Bull, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    Man I originally came across this here somewhere in another TB thread. I spent a good twenty mins or so trying to find it, (I couldn't remember the name), and was able to track it down.

I dig the tone their bass player is pushing. This is a pretty cool song with good musicians. I wouldn't mind hearing some of their other stuff as well. Without knowing much about them and not being able to read Japanese, it's hard to get a good read on them. I can't tell if it is simply super polished pop music, or if they are actually just good and play to that level. lol.

As far as the tone goes, it sounds like a P with an over driven SVT. I think I have seen him play other things in other clips, but that's what my ears are hearing.

2. The idea that a p bass is being played on that track blows my mind. Since when do P basses sound good ;)?!

3. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    I know, right? I am pretty sure that once people hear more of these "P" basses, we will start to see a lot more of them, and even hear a few make their way onto other recordings.

Well... Time will tell.;)

4. ChrisDieci

ChrisDieci

Oct 22, 2009
    Italy
    I also discovered them thanks to another thread on TB and I dig them a lot, really nice music, well written and well played, and a nasty bass too.

It's more than just "super polished pop" imho.

And I just read that they disbanded in february... :mad:

5. MOTORHEADBANGER

MOTORHEADBANGER Spud-boy looking for a real tomato

Dec 23, 2008
    Sidney, Indiana
    I discovered them recently as well. Fantastic musicians, catchy tunes, and great live shows.