1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tom Browne tore it up!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Green Peter, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Green Peter

Green Peter

Nov 6, 2013
    Hi All.
    I'm Pete and I'm a new member. I've got a Fender JP-90 Bass, and I'm trying to teach myself to play. I listen to bluesy/funky music and then just "fake-it to make-it". I learned to play the harmonica this way by jamming along with some of my favorite artists. It seems like the intuitive way.

I found out about this forum because I wanted to confirm that Tom Browne actually solo'd on his album Funkin' for Jamaica. I saw a thread that confirms my suspicions.

I'm splitting the duty/privilege of childcare for my 17 month old son with my wife. 3 days on, 3 days at work and shared family day on Sundays. Its awesome! I've discovered that not only is music amazing for hungry developing minds, but funk is in our DNA. My little guy has to bounce and groove anytime I put on some Parliament. I've been putting on Pandora and setting it to Parliament, because I'm totally ignorant of any other great funk, and amazingly they cover a spectrum. If I can hit every fifth note in a jam-along session on my bass, my little guy thinks I'm the BOSS... and will dance all -day -long. I desperately need to keep practicing.

Do any of you have suggestions of artists that I could plug into my little Pandora music-maker machine to continue my richen my schooling?

I love hearing stuff that was never played on the radio.

Thanks for your suggestions.

P.S. that Tome Browne solo is awesome!

Pete