1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Tom Owen bass bow

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Chasarms, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    In the great order of prioritizing music stuff, it has come to pass that I am in need of expanding the slab rig for a new opportunity. I HATE parting with this stick, but I am extended about as far as I can be with gear in general. So, two bass bows seems a little tough to justify with said needs.

So, all my TB brethren have a shot at this perfect example of a Tom Owen bow. This French bow is fairly heavy at 144 grams. The stick is deeply cambered and carved round. It also has a broad head at 22 mm.

I would characterize the bow as stiffer. It is haired with dark hair. It a wonderful big, bold Orchestra bow. for those unfamiliar with Mr. Owen's work, I would encourage you to read the comments here at TB. This bow easily compares to more expensive bows, and IMO would be perfect for a college student or lower level/semi-pro type player. Actually, this bow is is great for anyone who needs a high-performance bow without spending a ton of money.

As mentioned, the bow is flawless. The hair is in excellent shape.

Owen bows sell in only a few stores across the country. I also know that he recently increased his direct price. I will sell this bow for $625 and include a modest hardcase to insure safe shipping. For an additional $50, I will ship the bow in an absolutely mint condition Kolstein 2-bow case.

IF you are seriously interested and would like more info, see photos (I need to take some) or would like to arrange a trial of the bow, e-mail me.