1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tom Owen German Bass Bow

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by mike_odonovan, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I regret parting with this bow, but I play mainly french now and i can't justify having such a nice musical instrument in the cupboard most of the time. So my loss is your gain and now any of you can snap up this lovely Tom Owen bow. i have only had this bow a year and it hasn't even been out of the house. The octagonal stick is deeply cambered and has good quality dark hair. If you don't know Mr. Owen's bows, I would encourage you to read the comments on the forums here at TB. This bow easily compares to more expensive bows, and IMO would be perfect for a college student or lower level/semi-pro type player. Actually, this bow is is great for anyone who needs a high-performance bow without spending a ton of money.

Owen bows sell in only a few stores across the country. I also know that he recently increased his direct price. I will sell this bow for $600 shipped with the case included. see photos at -

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=1147271

If you would like more info feel free to e-mail me.

Cheers
    mike

2. price drop to $550. any trades?

3. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
  4. still available. any decent french bow considered.

5. I have this French Bow I would trade. I do not know much about its value. I just know it is better than the German bow I use. It needs wrapping and leather but had it rehaired. The only marking is "made in Germany" under the shaft behind the frog. It is 28 1\2" long unfurtunatly I do not have a scale to weigh it.
    Here are Pictures http://benridgeway.com/bow/index.htm
    I would include the case as well.

6. about to go on sale elswhere...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.