1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Tom Owen German Bass Bow

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by mike_odonovan, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I regret parting with this bow, but I play mainly french now and i can't justify having such a nice musical instrument in the cupboard most of the time. So my loss is your gain and now any of you can snap up this lovely Tom Owen bow. i have only had this bow a year and it hasn't even been out of the house. The octagonal stick is deeply cambered and has good quality dark hair. If you don't know Mr. Owen's bows, I would encourage you to read the comments on the forums here at TB. This bow easily compares to more expensive bows, and IMO would be perfect for a college student or lower level/semi-pro type player. Actually, this bow is is great for anyone who needs a high-performance bow without spending a ton of money.

Owen bows sell in only a few stores across the country. I also know that he recently increased his direct price. I will sell this bow for $600 shipped with the case included. see photos at -

If you would like more info feel free to e-mail me.

2. price drop to $550. any trades?
  3. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
  4. still available. any decent french bow considered.
  5. I have this French Bow I would trade. I do not know much about its value. I just know it is better than the German bow I use. It needs wrapping and leather but had it rehaired. The only marking is "made in Germany" under the shaft behind the frog. It is 28 1\2" long unfurtunatly I do not have a scale to weigh it.
    Here are Pictures http://benridgeway.com/bow/index.htm
    I would include the case as well.
  6. about to go on sale elswhere...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.