Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tombowlus

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by superbassman2000, Sep 10, 2004.

1. got an Ashdown Mini 10T from him, very good seller. He shipped that thing so fast, i wasn't even sure if he had even gotten the money yet!

very good seller!

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Mr. Bowlus is another of the huge basstasters.com supporters. Great guy, thanks a ton!

3. Outstanding guy. Pleasure to deal with.

Rui

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Hey, it pays to do a search on your own name every now and then! I missed this one (for a while).

You folks are too kind! The collective TalkBass.com community is truly an exceptional gathering of bass players. Paul has done good by all of us! And let us never miss an opportunity to thank Todd VanSelus, and his cohorts at Basstasters.com, for their awesome shootouts and excellent presentation of information!

Take care, y'all!

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I hope that Mini is treating you well!

Thanks again for the kind words!

Tom.

6. Yes, I've sold 2 EA cabs to Tom and he was great to deal with.

Cheers,

7. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I sold Tom my EA CXL110, and the transaction couldn't have been smoother. Easy guy to deal with who pays quick.

8. poman

poman Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    Perfect transaction and a great guy. High praise :D

9. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Just found this forum. . . sold my 2.1 to Tom. Awesome transaction, can't say enough good things. :)

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Sold Tom an Ag pre and the transaction was smooth as silk as his postal money arrived right on time! Thanks, Tom. :D

11. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Hey, I've sold an EA cab to Tom, too, and yes he was great to deal with! There seems to be a pattern here. Maybe even an obsession. :)

And I've also sold an Alembic F-1X to Geoff, and he was great to deal with! Whoa, now my head hurts...

12. Tom is a great guy, but everyone knows that. Thanks to you Tom for all the great reviews and answering lots of pm's. Now, can I sleep in your basement with all those cabs.... :D

13. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    sold Tom a big muff pedal, paid quickly - easy to deal with

14. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Great guy to deal with...I sold Tom my Euphonic Audio cab, and the transaction went smoothly. Heck, he even provided a little legal advice as well!

15. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    ......and understanding!

UPS smashed my shipment that I sent him. I had sold him a super solid 19" rack case and UPS managed to smashed it. We are working out the details with UPS now. The man has got patience.

Heck.....I'm not even gonna push it by asking for free legal advice. :p

16. UPS has really gone down the hill...

17. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    good man to deal...

18. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Tom recently bought a Warwick Corvette Std. Fretless from me (his first electric fretless, which I'm happy to provide) :) All his PM's and his payment was speedy, and he's a super friendly guy. He even told me that I could've held out longer for a possibly higher price than I was selling (aren't most guys supposed to convince you to go lower? ;)) I am possibly expecting a shipping delay of a day or two due to my schedule and he is 100% understanding about it.

I'd be glad to deal with him anytime.

19. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    The merciless Bowlus Khan has added another piece of my gear to his borg-like empire. After luring my EA CxL110 from my clutches, the man did not end there. He added my AMP BH-420 to his massive sonic empire. Oh the humanity! But, Caesar Bowlus does treat his minions well, so no-one should fear his Bass Borg. Tom paid quickly and was real easy to work with. Even though he is a fearless and merciless emperor of hi-end tone, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him in the future.

Long Live Bowlus Khan!

20. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Bass Borg, indeed...

[​IMG]