1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tommy Castro's guitars stolen on 3/9/08 Bay area

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by bassguppy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. :mad:

Not cool at all. Found this posting on Craigslist & felt obliged to post here as well.

May the thief have his fingertips burned with a blowtorch.

- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -

STOLEN GUITARS! PLEASE HELP! (san rafael)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: comm-602714737@craigslist.org
    Date: 2008-03-11, 9:45AM PDT

Tommy Castro, Bay Area blues and R&B musician (and native of San Jose!) had his guitars stolen on Sunday night in San Rafel.... I'm trying to message as many Bay Area musicians to ask them to help recover them.... I know it's a long shot - but can you help get the word around? If you need Steve's numbers, I have them - otherwise anyone with info can message the band via the website.

Sunday night (3/9/2008) Steve's truck was broken into in San Rafael, California. Tommy Castro's trademark 1966 black Strat, his 2000 NOS black Strat and Steve's 1979 tobacco sunburst hardtail were stolen. Keep your eyes peeled and your ears wide open and tell the band if you learn anything about their whereabouts. You never know where these could show up....

Go to www. tommycastro. com and click on "tell the band"

Get all your friends involved and help the band get those axes back home!!!!!

PLEASE REPOST THIS! Repost on MySpace, on Facebook - EVERYWHERE YOU CAN!

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    The gear was recovered.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/muc/603074970.html

I just got word that the guitars were found. Thanks to all of you who helped in bringing this about.
    Here's what I know (with sordid little details left out):
    A guy (who's also a musician) was out for a jog in San Rafael this morning. He stopped in a pawn shop and saw the guitars. He called another musician, who, in turn, called Tommy. Tommy went and got the guitars....the police were contacted. All three guitars are unharmed and intact, safely in their owner's arms tonight. The thief was a teenage boy who doesn't live far from Steve's house in San Rafael. He was easily apprehended as he gave his actual name and address to the pawn shop (idiot). Those of us who know other musicians who have lost gear can attest to the miracle that stories like this rarely have such a rapid, happy ending. I can only imagine the total despair Tommy and Steve experienced at the loss of their instruments....followed by the relief and sheer bliss with their recovery.
    Pass on the good news! YEAH!
    Sunday night (3/9/2008) a truck was broken into in San Rafael, California. Tommy Castro's trademark 1966 black Strat, his 2000 NOS black Strat and Steve's 1979 tobacco sunburst hardtail were stolen. Keep your eyes peeled and your ears wide open and tell the band if you learn anything about their whereabouts. You never know where these could show up....

3. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    great news, I remember seeing the post on craigs and being pissed about it.

4. Madness

Madness

Jul 27, 2005
    Madison, WI
    That's great news...

5. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Good deal. I really dig Tommy Castro's stuff.