1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Tommy P Bass FT only....

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zachbass02, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    essientialy what I'm offering here is a Fender Refin MIA P bass body with a tele style Allparts neck. The body is string through body with MIA bridge. The pickguard is adonized '57 RI metal pickguard. This bass has been aged and not abused as looks may lead to believe. The builder did a fantastic job of relic-ing this bass to look well played. Kluson style reverse tuners. Currently has a Seymour Duncan Hot for P pickup installed. I do have the original cloth wrapped '57 RI pickup that was in it when I got it. For the right trade, I'll include either or both. This thing is on par, or better, quality wise than/with any MIA P bass I've played and sounds closer to a vintage P than any new ones I've played, with the '57 pup installed. All the parts on this bass are American made, even though they may not all say Fender across them. This is a fantastic playing and sounding bass, and if no one bites at it or offers me what I want, I'll keep it. I've got enough country gigs coming up to justify keeping it. I've really liked this bass from day one, but I'm not a big enough P bass fan to keep it if I can get something else that I am huge fan of. I.E. Anything from Lakland (44-01, 55-01, 44-02, 55-02, DJ), Jazz Bass CIJ, MIA, MIJ, Yamaha 2004.....Really that is about all I'm really looking for, but if you're interested, run something past me.

Tommy2.

Tommy.

2. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    bump for new pics

3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Any Interest In a Peavey Cirrus v?

4. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I've potentially got a trade in the works, but PM me some info I might be if this other deal falls through

5. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Already?!?!?!?!

6. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    LOL....just a feeler.....Like I said, if I can't get what I absolutely want, I'll keep it........I like it, but I'm not into the "P" sound like I thought and hoped I would be. This bass was like a "Holy Grail" for me, but now that I have it I realize that I would rather have another jazz...

7. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    i understand...check in with me later...i have something funny to tell you..

8. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN

will do....

9. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    BUMPAROO TO THE TOP!!!!!!

10. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    PMs replied to via emails and PMs

11. What constitutes a 'Tommy' P-Bass?

12. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Tommy is the name the builder put on the headstock. Thus a Tommy. Unfortunately, that's all I can find out about this builder. I got this bass in trade from a friend and absolutely love it, but a P just isn't my bag. But if I hang on to it, it will get plenty of loving use like all my other basses.

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I just posted a USA Peavey PJ for trade for a P. It's a great bass but the little Jazz neck is too skinny.

14. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I think I'm going to have to pass on the Peavey. Thanks for the interest though.

15. :rolleyes: Oh, look- a PICTURE. I are an idiot.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.