Tommy Shannon on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by woolleydick, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Anybody seen the Tommy Shannon stuff just gone up on ebay? Do you reckon this is genuine?
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  3. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Thankew, sir, may I have another? Anyway, if it's not for real, they've done a superb job of making it seem so.
  4. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Wow, Tommy has a gmail account, he must be quite the Internet-savvy guy.
  5. Munji, your just saying that cause you want it all!
  6. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
  7. once a bassist, always a bassist....
  8. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
  9. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    No, I don't think I'm going to be paying $2,200+ for a Hartke Transporter 410.
  10. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Is the Tommy Shannon website real?

Are there correlations between the auctions and the website's regarding serial numbers?

It would be easy to find pix of Tommy Shannon and start a fake website, or even find the pix after hearing mention of potential auctions on an authentic website and sell similar that has Tommy Shannon stenciled on it.

How many Hartke Transporters, SWR amps, and flight cases are there out there?

I think if Tommy Shannon really wanted to sell his stuff, he'd go through a high end TX bass or guitar dealer. Regardless, $220 is a lot to ask for a Hartke cab, IMO let alone 10X that much... :rolleyes: And I think Tommy Shannon is incredible! :rollno:
  11. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Actually these aren't that new, he's been selling stuff on the bay for a few months now. (It's all the crap his sponsors give him that he doesn't want)
  12. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    $85 for shipping? I only live a couple hundred miles from him...I wonder if he'll let me pick up everything I win??
  13. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    THat guitar looks photoshopped in.
  14. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    This was taken from Tommy's website:

UPDATE from Tommy re: Ebay Items...
    added 04/14/05

“It’s time to wrap up my eBay auctions. Thanks again for taking the time to check them out, and a special thanks to everyone who has placed a bid. It’s been a lot of fun reading your emails and hearing your stories. You’ve helped bring back many wonderful memories. Thank you so much.

Between now and April 25th, I’ll be listing some items that mean quite a bit to me. They represent a very special time in my life.

First is my Fender SRV Stratocaster Signature Series guitar. This guitar was presented to me in early 1992 before they went on sale to the public. The serial number (SE 905625) tells me that it was very likely one of the first in this series to be produced. It’s in mint condition, and of course it plays like a dream. For several years, I had it on display in my home recording studio. To learn more about the SRV Strat, I invite you to check out Craig Hopkin’s web site at

Next is a real piece of history. In 1980, right when I joined Stevie, I made a trip to Ray Hennig’s Heart of Texas Music here in Austin (the same place where Stevie got his ‘Number 1’), and bought a couple of blonde Dietz cabinets. I’ll bet you’ve seen them in either the “Live at the El Mocambo” video or on our first Austin City Limits performance in 1983 (“Live From Austin, Texas”). When we all piled in our old milk truck to make the drive to California to cut our first album, “Texas Flood”, the Dietz cabinets came right along with me. Often, Stevie would pick up my bass during sound check and play through them as well. Each bump, dent and scratch holds a special memory. I’ve decided to put one of these cabinets up on eBay.

Finally, in 1986, right about the time we became clean and sober, I started playing with Hartke cabinets. The original silver speakers are hard to miss! I used these on just about every show we played from late 1986 through 1990. Our album, “In Step” was recorded using these Hartkes. You’ll see me with them on our 1989 Austin City Limits DVD (“Live From Austin, Texas”), as well as in countless other pictures. And, just like the Dietz boxes, Stevie would often play through them during sound check. And, yes, the Hartkes were on stage with us that night during our final show together at Alpine Valley.

Good luck with your bidding. If you have any questions about these items, please drop me a note at And, be sure to look for my eBay auction name, TommyShannonAuction.

All the Best,
  15. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Hey Munji if you wanted something of his one of his Fender J's went for like $1000 on ebay like a month ago I even bid on it and you can view his webpage and he gives you his e-mail to variffy the authenticity of the gear and he offers to autograph it if you want
  16. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    I think Tommy's the man. But the prices he's asking for his cabs are kind of an insult. If you want to share a piece of history with your fans, do it with goodwill. Charge a little more than they're worth, maybe--but not freakin' $1750 for a beat to crap Dietz 2 by 15.

It's that no account bunch at "Guitar World's Bass Guitar"--I'll bet you anything it was one of them who talked him into doing this in the first place. Tommy, ditch those guys. It ain't worth the money they're paying just to be near you and leverage your good name.
  17. aw3645

Apr 18, 2005
    The Tommy Shannon Website has information that the e-bay items are genuine.