Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tommy Shannon - Riviera paradise

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by catdriver, May 15, 2005.

1. catdriver

catdriver

Apr 19, 2005
    Park City UT
    hmmmmmm since I really don't want anyone else to do the work for me, but need a little push, I'll ask here. Has anyone worked through Riviera Paradise off SRV's In Step? I can't decide if it's in E or if it's detuned 1/2 step. Parts of it sound right on low E, but as I work through it, and it shifts an octave to E at 7th, it sounds better as E flat. I'm intonated and tuned properly (just to remove any doubt...). Anyway if anyone has this one down that little piece of info would help.
    I'm tempted ot pick up the sheet music but since I'm "illiterate" I suspect it might not help much.... project for summer learn to read sheet music, (in best Homer Simpson voice) must become literate.

Thanks, Chris - Who couldn't decide whether this was more appropriate here or in the Bass Players forum so....

2. Manfred_Bass

Manfred_Bass

Mar 16, 2005
    ponce, PR
    I have the tab book and it is a 1/2 step down. If you need something else contact me.

3. AFAIK, all of Stevies recordings was downtuned half step