Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tommy The Cat

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by crizz, Jun 9, 2001.

1. crizz

crizz

Jun 9, 2001
    USA
    fellas, can anyone play this song correctly? all the tabs i have seen are wrong(even the primus tab book).this song is what got me into bass playing years ago,and its starting to bother me i cant even play it.i am down to brainstorm about it with anyone else who is tring to learn it too.

2. hey welcome to TB crizz, the first thing you should know is that you should not mutipost the same question.

3. Watch the video. Thats how I learned it.

4. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    ACtually i think you should play it by ear. It mat sound hard but once you play it trust me its not. Which one are you learning the recorded on Sailing the SEas of the Cheese or Live. Live, I believe he goes easier cause of his big solo(still working on the solo, me that is ) and recorded its pretty simple too but a lot of fills. But anyways you shoyuld play by ear becasue it'll get you playing better and thinking in the way of Les in a wierd sorta cool way though. I dont know how he thinks though.