1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

tonal difference between a thumb and a streamer...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funktastic, Oct 30, 2005.

1. funktastic

funktastic

Mar 16, 2005
    I have been GASing for a warwick really bad for a while now, and i have limited my choices down to either a streamer or a thumb. The streamer is a stage II series with the standard pickup configuration and everything, and the thumb is a B/O with the normal setup. The music i play is generally rock/primus/funk stuff and what have you. Besides price, what are some of the big differences between the two tonally? thanks :help:

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I find Streamers to have a much more "cultured" tone. Thats not to say that the Thumb sounds bad, oh no, not at all...

The thumb growls with a lot more low-mids, and has a harsher, slight brighter tone. I'm more familiar with the Stage one, which sounds a lot creamier than the thumb...

The Stage II growls (as is customary ;) ) but it still soubnds less agressive and more "smooth" than the Thumb, both BO and NT versions...

Well, at least, thats what it seems like to me...

3. streamers are a little more traditional in sound, smoother and less aggressive than a thumb somewhere in between a jazz/p-bass and a thumb obviously with a bias towards the warwick sound. :bassist: