1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tone blocks and dead spots

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Fender Jazzin', May 29, 2007.

1. Fender Jazzin'

Fender Jazzin'

Jan 9, 2007
    My Streamer M4 has a dead spot on the 9th fret of the g. Adding weight on the head stock doesn't seem to be much of an option. There is what I guess is a "tone block" underneath the bridge that has a hollow area in the center of it. Would it help to alleviate the problem if I was to fashion a lead( or more favorable material such as brass?) weight to fit in/fill this area adding more mass/weight?
    This dead spot seem to affect the 8th fret just a tad also. I love the tone of this bass but this problem takes a bit of the fun out of it.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021