Tone Craft Tube DI/Preamp for live use - first time exploring Di box's

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anavar, Sep 4, 2017.

1. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    my bass tone can beat up your dad's bass tone.
    quick'ish question.

lets say, for example, if i were to plug my pedal board (comp, darkglass, cab sims, that kinda stuff) into the Di, would the tubes in the Tonecraft DI "tube" up the tone that is send to the FOH?

i would come out of the unaffected 1/4 jack of my cabsim into my amp then only use the amp/live cab as stage sound. It looks good, has a basic eq, and would fit snug in a custom flight case with my markbass amp.

am i looking at this correctly?

FRONT.jpg

363+GUTS.jpg

2. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    my bass tone can beat up your dad's bass tone.
    bumparoonie

3. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Never even heard of it. Looks great.

I would run pedalboard -> DI, take the through for your cab, and the DI for your board sound. You don't need the cab sims going to your cab.

4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Just saw the price! Woah!

Buy a Broughton P-15 dude - it'll probably sound just as good and you don't need to be spending 2x REDDI units on a DI.

anavar likes this.
  5. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    I've never seen or heard of that product/brand before, but the internal pictures certainly make it look like a top drawer, hand-built piece of gear. I'll bet it's not cheap!

I'm going to guess from the controls (Aux and Main Output level) that you can either have an affected signal for your on stage amp or powered monitor or just use the Thru jack to send an unaffected bass signal. The separate Main and Aux level controls would presumably allow you to adjust your monitor levels as needed while feeding the the house a constant level signal (once set) via the XLR DI output.

6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    $1500

Way too much if you ask me

anavar and Al Kraft like this.
  7. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC