1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tone Czar wait list support

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mr. Pickles, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    The last thread got closed because it went a bit weird...

Anyway, I'm in almost a year now on the Holophaze.

I need a hug.

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    It gets to the point where you wonder if you're going to see your pedals.

3. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    And then wonder if it's worth the wait :ninja:

4. bassman03

bassman03

May 19, 2008
    Sully, Iowa
    Personally i couldn't wait that long for a pedal.... i'm getting ancy about my new pedal and i send the cash (via money order) last monday.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'm over a year and a half on the "waiting for a proper review from one of the few people on TB that owns a ToneCzar" waiting list.

6. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Is this thing rumored to be super great, or just new?

7. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I actually got an e-mail from Ed last week. I'm up on the Openhaus list. Halophase... 12/13/2007 for me... Some dark day in the distant future.

8. 5stringwonder

5stringwonder

Sep 24, 2006
    Singapore
    Got a few months on a Halphaze...Long way to go for me..

9. Kooldac

Kooldac

Oct 20, 2008
    Arizona
    I understand wait times. I really do. I even plan on ordering an EBMM bass soon and I'll have to wait approx 6 months. I can handle that with a $1k+ product. But when you are approaching one year or more for a pedal, that just doesn't sound like good business. If you have to wait that long, then they needs to stop taking orders for awhile to catch up. That is beyond out of control...

10. Just placed an order for a halophaze. I'm thinking that the ecomomy will be stronger by the time my name hits the top of the wait list... :D

11. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Super beautiful and covered with lovely knobs and switches. Not new. And there's some debate as to whether they sound as good as they look.

12. ZombiCrow

ZombiCrow

Jun 15, 2006
    Davenport, IA
    Better watch out, GryGrx, if he finds out you're a bass player he'll try very hard to convince you that you do not want an Openhaus, no joke. I'm sure everyone remembers that story, though :)

13. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I also play another instrument, one that generally contains two additional strings.

14. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Is it a Baliset?

I understand that Ed made some changes to the EchoCzar to speed up production. Perhaps this will expedite the rest of his products.

15. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    +1...

16. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    6 months for a big corporation is fine, but for a small private builder a year is no good? I don't see how simply stopping taking orders would help. The only fair thing to do in his situation is to continue what he's doing (high quality hand built creations of his own) at a first come first serve basis. Unless you want him to just turn the phone off and only take a limited amount of orders at random times, sell himself to the likes of Ernie Ball, or raise his prices until orders are down to a manageable level- then you better take a number and wait in line! Im not waiting in line because I'm over it- if they actually sounded all that great, we'd have actually heard them by now- I'd be hoarding 'my precious' too if I waited two years and it sounded like my phase45 :p

17. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    it's for elitists....just to say hey...i got this pedal.

18. Kooldac

Kooldac

Oct 20, 2008
    Arizona
    For the record, my comparison between Ernie Ball and a "small company" was completely staged on prices. I spoke nothing of company size nor would I say that. I do agree company size shouldn't dictate that. I was simply stating that for a higher priced item I would be more inclined to wait longer.

19. ZombiCrow

ZombiCrow

Jun 15, 2006
    Davenport, IA
    I should have lied....

20. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Nuh-uh! Pfft. Screw you man! *storms off and sulks*