1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TONE for my friend of misery by mettalica

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by d of the wes, Apr 17, 2010.

1. d of the wes

d of the wes

Aug 16, 2009
    hello. i am asking for a reply plz. how would you get the spector like tone on that jason gets on a stingray? help is appreciated
    Chris:help:

2. Can't help on a Stingray but if you have a wah, put it forward a little and you get a pretty dark tone, and depending where you go form there you might match it up.

3. Thankful birds

Thankful birds

Jun 17, 2008
    Phoenix
    Yep, that's what I heard he did, too. Some sort of envelope filter just left open.

4. Well spectors have a very clean tone. I'd say if you are gonna try to get it on a ray, which would be pretty hard I'd think, basically try to get a very natrual piano like tone from your bass. Nothing exagerated. It all depends on your rig too. So try and smooth it out.
    That's all I can think of. Remember at times they tri amped his rigs in the studio... FWIW.
    Hope this helps a bit.