1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tone Hammer 500 with Aguilar DB210 350W at 4 ohms

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Norman83, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Norman83

Norman83

Jan 5, 2019
    Hi guys,

I bought a Tone Hammer 500 with Aguilar DB210 350W at 4 ohms.
    Stupid me, not knowing anything about watts and ohms.
    I believe I would be pushing the cab too much, any recomendation as to which settings to use for not blow the cab.
    Thanks

2. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    just don't put the master volume up too high and you'll be fine. an amp rated at 500w @4ohms will only send a full 500w to the speaker if you are pushing it really hard.

if you are looking for a rig that will fill out a medium sized room and give you enough volume to compete with a loud drummer, you probably want two 8ohm cabs with this head. one 210 probably won't have enough oomph. if you will have PA support or your band is not loud, you will be totally fine as long as you don't crank the amp.

Gearhead17 and eriky4003 like this.
  3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    Basically just use common sense. You are only going to get so much out of a 2x10. If it farts, you are pushing it too hard.

Jeff Scott likes this.
  4. Norman83

Norman83

Jan 5, 2019
    Thanks, do you recommend selling the th 500 and get a 350?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  5. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    Nope. Just don't turn the volume up too high.

Jeff Scott likes this.
  6. kpc

kpc

Apr 6, 2011
    Use your ears. That's the best thing. If it sounds like it will blow, it probably will. Enjoy the fine set up!

Jeff Scott, Norman83 and jthisdell like this.
  7. balz

balz

Apr 3, 2015
    Finland
    Hi, i didn't want to create a whole new topic just for this and even though off-topic, it's related:

so, does anyone know why Tone Hammers are rated half the wattage at 8 ohms? TH350 is rated 175 W @ 8 ohms and TH500 is rated 250 W @ 8 ohms. I thought it wasn't quite that simple and that the maths behind it would make it closer to 2/3 of power when the resistance are doubled from 4 ohms to 8 ohms.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021